Listen on your favorite podcasting platform below
(or scroll to the bottom to listen directly on this page):
Note: You are reading the rough draft version of this Blog Entry. David will have this article updated in its final form before the next episode is published.
Hey everyone, and welcome to the 1L2L Blog write up for episode 5 on Asthma and Exercise Induced Asthma (EIA)! Feel free to listen to the latest episode at the bottom of the page, but please subscribe on of the podcasting services above (for FREE) because the link at the bottom of the page only displays the latest episode and not previous ones.
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Similar to the last two episodes, this episode was an a solo episode I could cover more content “quickly”. However, it still ended up being a beast of an episode! I’ll have to work on chopping down the episodes closer to an hour. If it hadn’t been for the extra Bane dialogue I recorded for the intro and the 15 minute intro, I think it was mostly to the point. I even skipped out on directly discussing the individual research studies in detail and it still clocked in at an hour and a half.
Next week will be back to the interview style, so hopefully I can boil it down to the essentials!
Helpful Links and Resources
- Study by Bin Naharuden (mentioned in the intro)
- Wim Hof Breathing Method website
- Bane Mask / altitude mask affiliate link
- Copper Pools review paper for the lay person…
- Parsons 2009 stats on prevalance
- News article from the Guardian on prevalance in athletes
- Morris et al on type of tests used
- Boulet 2015 12% FEV1 drop, types of testing, EVH
- FRAST test info
- Shei and IMT protocol standardization
- Del Giacco and Lawrence 1999
- Stepwise approach article
- Link to Henry Ford like Labib mentioned for the bronchoplasty blasting the lungs
- Turk 2017 HIIT + Diet intervention asthma studies
- Stoodley for list of all lifestyle interventions (diet, breathing techniques, yoga, herbal medicines, etc)
- Weight loss Peters 2018 study
Main takeaways for Managing Asthma
- Insert main takeaways here (warm up prior to ex, using scarf or pollution mask), try interval training, breathing techniques such as nasal breathing and Wim Hof method, etc
CORRECTIONS / CLARIFICATIONS
This section is reserved for when episode 5 drops. I will use this section to correct and clarify points made on the actual episode.
WHAT'S COMING IN THE FUTURE:
Next episode we will discuss IN DETAIL, our super fan Matt’s question what to do for those suffering with long term joint problems (exercising with chronic pain and arthritis)
Leave a comment below to let us know what you think. If you have a thought there are probably many other listeners who feel the same way.
I challenge you take to the initiative now and become a part of our community by writing something below, or emailing us at got1Life2Lift@gmail.com!